Friday, July 1, 2011

Kate Middleton Diet

My wonderful husband, the fantastic Rock Star he is, declared earlier this month that we need to do the Kate Middleton diet. “What?!” Now, being a couple of an, ahem! Certain Age, his doctor got on him again about how he needs to lose weight and sugars are high, etc. This is bad. Ok, so he orders the Kate Middleton Diet, which is really the Dukan Diet. This is the French woman’s diet that is supposed to keep them thin. I did go to Paris five years ago and the people there are not supermodel thin, but who really is? Anyway, they were all regular sized people, with different shapes some bigger some smaller. The way people talk about it you’d think all of France is going down a catwalk near you sometime soon! Anyway, this is the diet that got Kate in shape for her wedding. And if Rock Star needs to diet, I have to do it with him. It’s good to have a buddy to diet with, so Rock Star is lucky because I am the person cooking the diet food (another reason he wants me to help, meh). So we have been on said diet for 3 weeks now, and I can wear my JBrands and breathe, that’s the good news. The better news is that my hubbs has lost eight pounds and has eight more to go! Yay! I honestly don’t have much weight to lose at all just that dreaded 5-6 pounds that creeps up and keeps you from feeling great in your clothes. I try to eat well, but succumb to the occasional cupcake from Susie Cakes and I love my Italian and Mexican food. I do try to temper my eating with veggies and lean protein. I still will not consider tofu a food group, I just can’t do it. I think this weekend should have some spaghetti or fantastic penne to give ourselves a little reprieve! Life is about being healthy not supermodel skinny! And, my man is half way there so one night may not be too bad! We all need a cheat day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment